Sunday 7 August 2011

Its been a while...

Have been flat out for the last few weeks and haven't stopped to blog.

Our youngest N had his 6th birthday party and we decided to go all out with a Star Wars theme.

Hubby spent a lot of time finding masks and coloring pages to download.

I made both N and his brother M Padawan outfits.  Sounds really hard but was just 1.5m of fabric, tore a strip about 20cm wide of the length of it, cut a small slit in the top for a neck space .  The 20cm strip became a belt to hold it all together.

The boys were thrilled.

The birthday boy
big brother

 The party was a blast....35 little kids with light sabers, the noise level was incredible...Haha.  The party and its aftermath has kept me from doing much sewing at all.

We did get a new bed though.  Have been sleeping on a king size bed we inherited a year ago but the bases were not in the best shape and we were both suffering from bad backs.   So we made the most of the end of financial year sales and bought a brand new king size mattress and base.  It is fantastic.  Funniest thing is that our old bed wasn't flat on the floor, no legs so it was really low.  This bed is really really high, I have to almost climb into it...very princess and the pea.


 The quilt on the bed was made by my mum, sister, sister-in-law and a great friend as a wedding present to us 8 years ago.  I did sew the binding on...my only contribution.  The centre blocks are baltimore style applique, done by a friend who also teaches quilting.
This is another project I have been working on.

It's not for me.   A dear friend of my late mums has also become a friend to me.  She is unfortunately suffering from a form of Motor Neurone Disease that has changed her from an independant woman in her early 60's to being reliant on others from almost everything.

She had started making this as part of a quilt for herself but changed it to three wall hangings for her three children.  B has some gorgeous japanese buttons to decorate the wall hangings with. The blocks were mostly finished, just needed putting together and quilting.

I have already made her two of them, for her sons but hadn't been able to get her daughter's one done.  The two boys hangings were more blues and aqua and were brighter and stronger than this one.

It was lovely to be able to help her out, she is a lovely lady.


I have done more of my FWS blocks but haven't photographed them yet.   Will get around to it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment